We require assistance from 2 strong, able-bodied volunteers to remove a landscaping lumber tie from the preschool playground.
The wooden tie currently separates the sandbox play area at the east end of the yard and the grass. This tie must be removed in order to enlarge the safe play surface around the play structure in the sand. The work involves:
- Prying out the wooden tie
- Hauling the wooden tie to the dumpster
- Edging the grass with a manual lawn edging tool
- Raking the sand to fill the space where the wooden tie was situated
We are looking for 2 volunteers to complete this work on Sunday, August 23, 2015, either in the morning or afternoon. The exact time can be scheduled according to volunteers' availability.
What to Bring:
- Crow bar or pick-axe
- Appropriate work clothes
- Work gloves
- Any additional tools you wish to use
A lawn edger and rake will be provided at the preschool; a second set would help to complete the work faster.
How to Sign Up:
To sign up, please RSVP with your contact information using the form below, and we will contact you to confirm the time.